Hear Him

Sunday, June 12, 2005

He’s alive – in you!

I was reminded the other day of a dream I had years ago, which deeply impacted my understanding of Christ’s death and resurrection and the implications of it in my life and in my ministry to others.
In the dream, I was acting in a drama, as a person who had gone to the tomb after Jesus’ death and discovered that He was not there.
I turned to the audience and said He’s alive, He’s alive! In that moment, I was strangely aware, that there was very little conviction in those words. Suddenly, as if from nowhere, a strong whirlwind swept across, and started tearing the pages out of the bible that was lying on the podium at the front of the stage. In the dream the pages where madly whirling upward, but in reality something significant was happening in me. It was as if this wind was inside me! It was so strong and powerful, that I shot up in my bed, gasping for breath. As I sat there in the silence, the Lord spoke these words to me:

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And these are they which testify of Me,
John 5:40 but you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. NKJV

The Message Bible is so descriptive:
John 5:39 "You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me!
John 5:40 And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren't willing to receive from me the life you say you want.

The Street Bible:
You got your degrees in the sacred books, PhD's in books about the sacred books, and you're convinced they'll get you into heaven.But for all the points you score - you miss the Point: it's all about me! It's jam-packed with huge stomping clues about me. But you can't admit it, 'cos then you'd have to ask me for the limitless life you want.

Then with authority, the words came: I’m alive, I’m alive – IN YOU!

The disciples that walked and laughed and fellowshipped with Jesus, so wanted Him to stay in their midst - to hold onto Him in the flesh, in their sense realm, but, He disappeared from our midst, that we should return to our hearts and find Him there.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

As I sat there in the darkness of my room, I was overwhelmed by a greater light – the
radiance of the Father’s glory as reflected in the face of Christ – His opinion of a well
done, complete work in me!
He began to remind me of Paul’s urgency - the message that compelled him to pour
out his life and lay down his rights – Christ in you the hope of glory
Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the calling with which you are called,

Paul was imprisoned, captive in Christ - consumed by this message.
The Lord gave me an illustration of a prisoner, confined within the prison walls.
In the same way, the revelation of Christ in Paul had imprisoned Him to no longer
judge anyone according to the flesh, as he had when he so fervently persecuted the
church.
(Acts 9) He was blinded for three days, so that he would not try and interpret
this revelation through his five physical senses, but so that the revelation could burn
in his heart and his calling would be made sure.
In the same way as an alcoholic starts off by taking the ‘bottle’ until the ‘bottle’
eventually takes hold of him, so, you need to gaze into this (bottle) perfect law of
liberty, until it takes hold of, captivates you.
He showed me that one feels quite safe when that prisoner is behind those walls, but
the moment he is let out of that prison, that safety is gone and all havoc breaks lose.
I have often heard testimonies of prisoners who have feared eventually being let out
into the world – almost like they are more secure within those walls.
Outside of this prison – this wonderful prison in Christ, we stumble, have no
boundaries, no clear direction, vision, but the freedom that we find in knowing He is
in us to will and to do according to His good pleasure, is a true prison – a boundary
of love.

When he appeals for us to “walk in a manner worthy of the calling ( in the greek:
Klesis - invitation/call) by which you were (originally) called (of the divine invitation
to embrace salvation of God),He is not biting his nails, nervously, but knows,
if we will fully allow ourselves to be imprisoned in Him, in the knowledge of this great
salvation, we will be able to walk in it with confidence within the boundary of “Christ
dwelling in your hearts by faith” and the comprehension of His love, which he had
just spoken about in the previous verses:

Eph 3:17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height,
Eph 3:19 and to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.
Eph 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
Eph 3:21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, forever. Amen.

Let us allow our words to be seasoned with grace as we communicate this awesome
Gospel of our inclusion in Christ’s redemption.
Phm 1:6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

He’s alive, He’s alive – in you!

By Mary-Anne
http://eclesia.blogspot.com

No comments: