Hear Him

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

God, I’m amazing! The credit’s down to you

God, you’ve picked me over and you know me,
intricately;
You’ve sussed me out; you know me, intimately;
You forecast my every move; my body, brain, my big, big
mouth!
You know all my tendencies, my habits, my times:
Before I’ve even said it, you’ve worked out if it rhymes;
Your armed guard stands around me, above me, below
me;
You’ve put your arm around me: you know me;
My head doesn’t have the capacity –
It’s Overload City, this “YOU and me”!

But whoa! Hey, what if I fall, go AWOL, try to lose it
all?
What do I do to hide from you? How do I outrun
The one who’s faster than sunshine?
Shuttle me to Saturn? Fine! You’re waiting for me there!
Use the cover of dawn for camouflage? You’re there!
Get reborn, other side of the world, even off the map?
Your arm’s around me: you’ve found me, surround me.
Hit the lights! The darkness bites and I hide from you:
No difference – God’s vision don’t dim;
Your arm’s around me: you’ve found me, surround me,
For you made me: I ain’t no whim;
You double-stitched my DNA, hand picked my brain
The very next day,
Made some room in my mother’s womb, and hey! I’m
away!

God, I’m amazing! The credit’s down to you;
I’m incredible: nothing to edit or review!
Everything you do fills up our wonder-tanks,
And I know I’m wonder full. So thanks!

On the production line I’m not kept back from you;
In the secret places I develop as you view.
My design’s on the drawing board; you come and take a
Look,
And the work that I’m to do’s already written in your
book!

Your ideas, your plans – beyond priceless to me;
The scale’s huge, so awesome, like dew-drops in the
sea.
Try and list them – it’s easier to count the sand grains on
a beach;
I wake up and enormous God is there, within my reach!

Psalm 139 :1-18 by Rob Lacey (The Word on the Street)

http://ecclesia.blogspot.com

No comments: